Today I watched a video a church group put together of moms saying how they felt about themselves as moms. Then they had the kids come in and say what they thought of their moms, separate from their moms. They used words like, "best friend, hero, best friend, kind, loving, beautiful, gentle, sweet," etc. The moms watched this video of their kids saying nice things about them and you could see the complete happiness, relief, joy and excitement they had over how much their children loved them!
Each person in the world needs love. Each person needs encouragement. Moms need it too. A lot. Reassurance and affirmation goes a long way. I don't think us moms are recognized enough. We clean the house, do the laundry, make the food, organize things for the kids, etc. We are on call 24/7 from birth until they move out for college, or get married. In all reality, those moms who have married, graduated children probably would still say they're on call, because those "kids" still need their mama's sometimes. We don't get "breaks." We get up in the middle of the night to clean up messes, nurse, change diapers, and comfort night fears.
So, are you a good enough mom? Yes. I understand there are moms out there that aren't in the best place of mind, body or soul and maybe shouldn't be moms. I'm not here to judge those women. I don't know their story. But I do know that the majority of moms in the world are good moms.
Don't let the little blips in daily life get you down or send you on a guilt trip. Don't let the times that your impatience got the best of you tear you up.
It's so easy to look at all the bad things we've done, said or thought and then make ourselves out to be these bad moms. I just want to encourage you moms! When you start feeling down, look for the good things you've done. Recognize your worth. Recognize what you are doing and how important it really is. Being a mom doesn't come with a lot of fun things, or accolades. But what it does come with the reward of watching our little ones growing up, becoming beautiful men and women.
No comments:
Post a Comment